Thursday, June 26, 2008

London!

I can't believe tomorrow is the start of another weekend already! The week has flown by. We had a great time in London last weekend. Our flight left Dublin around 3:30 Friday afternoon, and it took around an hour to get to London. It took awhile to get the train and subway to our hotel, so we didn't do too much on Friday. Our hotel was pretty centrally located- if I stood on my tip toes I could see Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, the London Eye, and Parliament from our window!

On Saturday, we went on the London Eye (a ferris wheel type thing that has "pods" that you ride in and can walk around in while you ride), toured Westminster Abbey, took a bus tour, walked around outside Big Ben and Parliament, and looked in some shops. As you can tell by the pictures it was a bit overcast and rained at times.

Sunday was a nice sunny day. We walked around outside Buckingham Palace, went to Hyde Park, and took a look in Harrods Department Store. To my delight, Harrods had a Krispy Kreme donut shop in it with fresh donuts! It was a great taste of home! We left central London around 1pm to get the train out to the airport and were back in our apartment in Dublin around 6pm.

For my birthday on Monday, I had to take my car, AKA "The Popemobile"- given that nickname because of its odd shape, to get what's called the NCT test. Every two years cars have to undergo a test to make sure they are still road worthy. By some miracle mine passed! Paul then surprised me with a chocolate cake and we ordered Domino's pizza. We didn't have much energy after the busy weekend! It was a nice, relaxing birthday.

This weekend I'm heading up to Belfast to visit Paul's sister, Marie, and her boyfriend, Brian. Marie moved up there in April, and I've never been in the city. Paul is testing and racing all weekend, so I figured I'd head up there. One of my high school classmates also lives up there, so I'm hoping to see her too!

Hope you all have a great weekend, and thank you to all of you who sent birthday greetings!


Paul on the London Eye with Big Ben and Parliament in the background

The London Eye


Me in front of Big Ben


Westminster Abbey



Me at Buckingham Palace- the guard is barely visible in the background


Paul in Hyde Park


My birthday cake! (I had just gotten back from the gym)







1 comment:

Jessica said...

I had to take a second look--your hair looks long! Sounds like you had a great w/e trip and a nice b-day.