We visited Paul's aunt and uncle after our time at the playground, then spent the rest of the evening at Paul's parents' house.
On Thursday, August 7th we spent the afternoon cycling on the Great Western Greenway, an off-road trail intended for use by cyclists and walkers. It follows the route of the former Achill extension of the Westport railway line, which was constructed in the 1890s and closed in 1937. We rented bikes and a trailer for Gemma and cycled from Westport to Newport and back, 22 km round trip. We stopped in Newport for a bit of refueling!
That evening, Paul and I had a delicious dinner with a friend at one of the new restaurants in Louisburgh.
On Friday, August 8, Paul and his mom went to Westport in the morning, so Gemma and I went to the playground in Louisburgh and out to lunch at one of the cafés in town.
After Gemma's nap that afternoon, Paul's mom, Paul, Gemma, and I went to Carrowmore, a beach very near the house. The sunshine was fabulous!















No comments:
Post a Comment