Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and weekend! Paul and I celebrated Thanksgiving by having dinner with Dermot and Mike at Captain America's restaurant in Dublin on Thursday night. Unfortunately there was no turkey or pumpkin pie on the menu, so we settled for burgers and banana splits!



Before we met up for dinner I did a bit of Christmas shopping in the city. The lights are on all over town, and there is certainly a festive spirit in the air!

O'Connell Street
Grafton Street- it says "Nollag Shona Duit" which is Merry Christmas in Irish. There are chandeliers with strings of twinkling white lights all up and down the street- beautiful!

Yesterday I put up our Christmas tree and decorations in our apartment. Paul had a couple of friends over to watch episodes of Entourage last night, so I introduced them to the American delicacies of cheeseball and taco dip. Judging from the very little leftover, I think they enjoyed them! We spent most of the day today finishing up the thank you notes from the Irish reception. What a relief to have all of them done!
Us with our little tree!

No comments: