Forgive me, but I'm working backwards a bit! My next post will be about the wedding with a few pictures, but I have so many to choose from that I figured I'd post these few pictures first! After a perfect wedding day, Paul and I headed up to Duluth last Sunday afternoon for two nights. We got there around 6pm and checked into our hotel- the South Pier Inn. If you're ever staying in Duluth, I would highly recommend this hotel! It is just over the Aerial Lift Bridge on Park Point, and the ships literally passed right by our window.
We spent the two days relaxing and eating at all my favorite Duluth restaurants- the Scenic Cafe, Amazing Grace Bakery, Fitger's Brewhouse, Hell's Kitchen, and the 3rd Street Bakery. We climbed Enger Tower to get a panoramic view of the city, walked along one of the beaches in Park Point, strolled around Canal Park, browsed for books in Barnes and Noble, and saw a movie. It was a great get-away after a very busy week! When I was living in Duluth I don't think I fully appreciated what a beautiful city it is.
On Tuesday when we got back to the Cities, I dropped Paul off at Margo and Justin's house, and Margo and I headed to the salon. I decided I had had enough of long (relatively speaking long for me!) hair and did the post-wedding chop! Then, the two of us went to the New Kids on the Block concert at the Xcel Center. It was too funny! The crowd was primarily 25-35 year old women who were shrieking. The group hasn't changed that much, and the songs came back to our memories in an instant! We had been at a concert at the Target center (in the very top row!) about 18 years ago, so it was great to relive old times!
On Wednesday we saw Paul's parents, sister, and her boyfriend off to the airport, and I took care of a lot of the business side of things- getting the certified copy of the marriage certificate, changing my names on documents/accounts, etc. Wednesday night Mom, Dad, Margo, Justin, Paul and I went out to dinner at Buca, then proceeded to try to fit everything into our suitcases! Our flight left around 4:40pm on Thursday, and we got back to our apartment in Dublin safely and with all of our luggage Friday morning around 10:30AM Irish time. For the past 48 hours or so we've been unpacking, doing laundry, and trying to get things back to "normal" for awhile until the next reception in Louisburgh on November 15! Luckily tomorrow is a Bank Holiday, so we have an additional day to get back into the swing of things before going back to work.
Thank you to all of you who played a part in the wonderful two weeks- as a guest, member of the wedding party, family member. I could not have imagined a better wedding!
On the balcony of our hotel room- a self-portrait!
2 comments:
Ok...#1 LOVE the new 'do! #2 still can't get over that you went to a NNKOTB (and the year is 2008) #3 great pics of you and Paul in Duluth!
I also cannot believe you went to NKOTB...you should have borrowed my New Kid's fanny pack! Also, love your hair cut!
Laura
Post a Comment